Many of us suffer from backaches. We might have overworked, or might have lifted something heavy or slept/ sat in a wrong posture. But we tend to neglect the deeper involvement that might be associated with our regular backaches.
What is Spondylitis?
Spondylitis came from the word Spondyloarthritis. It is the inflammation of the spine and can be seronegative. Seronegative means the antibodies that occur in rheumatoid arthritis did not occur in the patient’s blood when tested.
Why does it occur?
There is no fixed cause for this condition and can occur in any person though there are risk factors associated with it.
- Occurs during early adulthood
- Genes associated with Spondylitis
- Men are more at risk as compared to women in experiencing Ankylosing Spondylitis
What do you need to know about Spondylitis?
Though it may not be possible to pinpoint the diagnosis in early stages since symptoms develop when the disease has started to progress. However, certain signs can indicate the presence of this disease.
- Early morning lower back and hip stiffness
- Pain that wakes you up from your sleep
- Pains that are better by working and ameliorated by rest
- Fatigues associated with it
- Eye-related problems such as blurring of vision, redness of eyes along with sensitivity
If one faces any or all of the symptoms it is better to get oneself diagnosed and seek medical attention.
Spondylitis is classified in 2 ways, the Traditional and the New classification.
Traditional is further classified into:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (involving spine)
- Enteropathic Arthritis (involving bowels)
- Psoriatic Arthritis (involving the small joints)
- Reactive Arthritis (involving joints, mucus membranes, skin, eyes, bladder and genitals)
- Undifferentiated Spondylitis (not involving the spine).
- Juvenile Spondylitis (beginning in the early childhood)
Newer SpA Classification is classified into:
- Axial Spondyloarthritis (involving spine)
- Peripheral Spondyloarthritis (involving other joints apart from spine)
Treating the condition
Healthcare professionals aim to relieve pain and stiffness associated with Spondylitis. Physiotherapy also aids in relieving symptoms. In Homoeopathy the Doliosis D18 Scolex drops, takes care of symptoms such as pain and discomfort associated with Spondylitis. It provides respite from the symptoms of inflammation. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.