Do you have a feeling that your child is suffering from ADHD? You are not alone. There are many parents out there who are just worried about their children as they start throwing tantrums, become overactive and don?t do well in their studies. They could be suffering from ADHD. Bad parenting is the reason for ADHD is a total misconception. Anybody could suffer from ADHD depending on certain risk factors. Let us learn them in detail.
What is ADHD?
The awareness of this disease has grown in the past few years due to the rise in the number of cases. ADHD stands for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder which is a psychiatric disorder characterized by behavioral and cognitive symptoms.
Indicators of ADHD
ADHD have certain symptoms that indicate that the individual is suffering from this particular condition. They are put into 4 categories:
- Behavioral: There are changes in the behavior. The child might be very aggressive, excitable, hyperactive, irritable and impulsive or might repeat words or actions continuously.
- Cognitive: These are being forgetful, lose focus easily or inability to maintain focus, being absent-minded, short span of attention.
- Depression and Learning Disability: Learning disabilities are very common in children with ADHD for the simple reason that they are not able to maintain focus for long periods of time and get distracted easily. Due to lack of skills in coping with peers and being different the child might go into depression.
- Emotion: The child might get moody and end up being very anxious, gets angry, easily bored or easily excited. There might be even sudden mood swings
They also can be grouped in the following manner:
- Inattention: Doesn?t appear to listen to what is being told, easily distracted, is not organized, forgetful about daily activities, loses things, inability to follow instructions and makes careless mistakes. A daydreamer.
- Hyperactivity: Very fidgety, cannot sit or play in one place, talks a lot, is always on the move.
- Impulsivity: Cannot wait for his turn patiently, interrupts other people talking.
Symptoms in Adults:? ADHD not only affects children but can also affect adults. ADHD in adults is recognized by:
- Procrastination and Low self-esteem
- Moody and impulsive
- Some form of substance abuse might be there
- Not organized
- Cannot concentrate while reading
- Relationship problems
Causes of ADHD
- ADHD can occur due to Heredity
- Poor nourishment, infections, toxins such as lead; smoking, drinking alcohol and other addictions during pregnancy can lead to ADHD in the newborn.
- Changes in the brain as a result of a chemical imbalance
- Brain injury or brain disorder (damage to the frontal lobe can lead to ADHD)
Therapies for ADHD
Apart from medication, certain therapies might be incorporated into the daily lives of the patients affected with ADHD. They are:
- Special Education
- Counseling eases symptoms and improves learning
- Behavior modification teaching good behavior and social skills training.
Treating the condition using Homoeopathy
In Homoeopathy, there are medications to alleviate the disturbing symptoms of ADHD. One such product is Doliosis D72 Hyper-C that helps to reduce impulsiveness, aggressiveness, low tolerance of stress, short span of attention, difficulty in reading and writing or arithmetic problems associated with ADHD. There are no known side effects of this medicine. It can be easily consumed with other medicines too, for all ages.