Did you have a peanut bar? It?s yummy! Okay, and you got hives after having it? Yes! It is an allergy to Peanuts. The rising number of cases associated with allergies is a cause of concern.
What is an Allergy?
It is a condition in which the body?s own immune system reacts to a foreign body.
Types of Allergy?
Depending on the cause of the Allergy i.e. the Allergen, the types of Allergy are classified as:
- Food Allergy: Allergy to certain foodstuff that may trigger immune reaction
- Drug Allergy: Caused due to certain drugs
- Latex Allergy: Allergy due to the usage of Latex Gloves and other articles made of Latex.
- Contact Dermatitis: Caused due to coming in contact with a certain substance such as Detergents
- Animal Allergy: Allergy that causes an immune reaction when a person comes in contact with animal skin, saliva or urine.
- Mould Allergy: Mould spores can cause an allergy
- Seasonal Allergy: Occurs during a certain season especially when there is a lot of pollen. The small pollen particles give rise to allergies that cause sneezing, watery eyes, runny nose and so on.
- Allergic Asthma: It is asthma that is triggered by certain substances that also trigger allergy symptoms
- Anaphylaxis: An allergic reaction which turns out to be a serious and a life-threatening one.
Symptoms of Allergies
Allergies present with a wide range of symptoms in order to defend the body from the allergen. This happens when the person comes in contact with the allergen and in reaction to it the body releases histamines which trigger the following symptoms:
- A skin rash that is known as hives that are raised swollen portions of the skin accompanied by redness.
- Sneezing with a runny nose and red eyes
- Nausea and diarrhea
- Difficulty in breathing and asthma
- In the more severe reaction which is known as anaphylaxis, there are symptoms that worsen and lead to a situation that can be life-threatening.
Prevention is possible when you know the allergen. If the allergen is known then avoiding it is the best prevention.
- Keeping surroundings clean if you have dust allergy will help
- Staying away from pet dander will keep away pet allergies
- Stop using latex gloves if that causes allergy
- Keeping oneself away from foods that trigger allergy will keep allergies at bay
- Stop smoking and keep away from second-hand smoke
- Exclusive Breastfeeding for 6 months for infants will build up the immune system and reduce such attacks.
Treating the condition
Doliosis D58 Allergix is a Homoeopathic Product that is created for relieving itching, redness and irritation of skin associated with allergic skin conditions. It can be taken with ease, with other medicines, for all age groups. This medicine has no side effects.