Chronic pelvic pain can occur in both, men and women for different reasons. Apart from gender reasons, there are various other reasons for chronic pelvic pain.The pain is located below the navel to between the hips. If your pelvic pain is due to an underlying medical condition then treating it will cure the pain.
What is Chronic Pelvic Pain?
Pelvic pain that may be present in both men and women that stays for 6 months or longer is termed as Chronic Pelvic Pain.
Symptoms of Chronic Pelvic Pain are:
- Pain that may be described as a severe, steady pain or pain that comes intermittently or dull aching or sharp pains with cramping or pressure and heaviness in the pelvis.
- Pain during intercourse
- Pain while passing stools or while urinating
- Pain if a person stands or sits in a place for a long time. And these pains are relieved by lying down
- In males, the pain might radiate to the perineum, testicles, penis or in the bladder area. There might be associated symptoms such as joint pains, muscular pains and fatigue and post-ejaculatory pain.
Causes of Chronic Pelvic Pain
The causes of chronic pelvic pain vary in women and men (depending on the underlying cause).
In women it is due to:
- Pelvic inflammatory disease that is sexually transmitted
- The remains of a surgically removed ovary forming cysts
- Fibroids or growths in the uterus
- Pelvic congestion syndrome
Causes that are common to men and women are:
- Musculoskeletal problems such as a fibromyalgia
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Painful bladder syndrome
- Depression and chronic stress can also lead to Chronic pelvic pain.
- Food allergies such as allergy to gluten.
Usually, if the cause of the pain remains unclear, doctors prescribe medicines to curb the symptoms. Symptomatic treatment is given with the help of Antibiotics, Pain relievers, Hormone treatments, Antidepressants and so on. Other therapies may involve psychotherapy, physical therapy, etc.
Treating the condition using Homoeopathy
The Doliosis D91 Renodol is a Homoeopathic medicine that is useful for recurrent discomfort and pain in the bladder and surrounding pelvic area. It helps in relieving mild discomfort, pressure and tenderness. Hence it is used for Chronic prostatitis in men and chronic pelvic pain syndrome in women. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.