Sciatica pains can drive you crazy. They might be very intense and limit you from doing your daily activities. And during this time all you need is rest.
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a nerve pain that traverses from the lower back to the lower limb. It is not a medical condition by itself but is a symptom of some underlying problem that requires medical attention. The pain begins in the lower back and radiates to the limb of the same side. Usually, Sciatica affects only on one side.
Cause of Sciatica
It is mainly caused due to a herniated disc or a bony spur on the spine that presses on the nerve. Less common causes are spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal), injury, pregnancy or tumors.
Symptoms of Sciatica
- Pain beginning at the back or buttock and extending to the leg.
- Weakness, burning sensation, numbness and tingling may occur on the same side.
- Difficulty in moving the affected leg.
What can you do about Sciatica?
In order to reduce the problem, one can follow these steps.
- Avoid sitting for long hours as it aggravates the pain.
- Walking for a short time till the point of comfort can be done.
- Heat application with the help of a hot bag or a heating pad frequently eases the pain
- Physiotherapy sessions can help the condition improve.
Treating the condition
The Homoeopathic medicine Doliosis D45 Sciatica Relief is useful for alleviating nerve pains in the legs and lower back, associated with Sciatica. This medicine has no side effects. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.