On a regular day when you are working or doing your daily chores you experience the urge to use the restroom more often. With the increased urge comes scanty voiding of the bladder further leading to pain in your pelvis. Yes! It seems like UTI has captured you.
Women are more susceptible to being affected by a UTI as compared to men. There are two reasons to ponder upon. One, women have a shorter urethra as compared to men hence; entry of the bacteria is made easier. Two, wiping from back to front after using the restroom. Since the distance from the anal orifice to the urethra is lesser in women, wiping from back to front facilitates the bacteria to be easily transferred to the urethra causing infection.
What is UTI?
Urinary tract infection as the name suggests is the infection of the urinary tract caused by bacteria (Most commonly E. Coli) that enter the urethra. When the Kidneys are affected it can cause a Pyelonephritis and when the bladder is affected it causes Cystitis. Women are more commonly affected but that doesn?t rule out the fact that men are safe. Other risk factors are:
- Being diabetic
- Being obese
- Family History
- Sexual Intercourse
- Having a catheter in situ
- Lack of personal hygiene
- Bowel incontinence
- Any procedure involving the Urinary tract
- Lowered immunity
- Being immobile for long periods
6 Signs of UTI?
A person suffering from UTI may have all or few of the following signs and symptoms:
- Frequency, Urgency and Hesitancy are chief signs of UTI
- Burning urination which is unbearable is also a sign of UTI
- Dark, Cloudy, odorous or urine mixed with blood
- Pain in back or lower abdomen
- Fatigued feeling
- Fever with chills
- Drinking plenty of water encourages the bacteria to be pushed out.
- It is said that cranberry juice has helped many individuals tackle UTI. Cranberries contain tannins that keep bacteria responsible for UTI at bay.
- Disinfection and cleaning of restrooms must be done regularly.
- Never try to hold on and use the restroom as early as possible and it is also better to use the restroom after an intercourse.
- Wearing cotton undergarments is a better option over nylon since synthetic material tends to trap moisture and promote bacterial growth. Similarly, ladies must avoid wearing g-strings so that bacteria are not transferred from the back to the front.
- Maintaining perineal hygiene is very important at all times (after using the restroom, after an intercourse).
- Reconsidering contraception methods is essential. Usage of contraceptives that are in close proximity with the urinary tract can cause UTI
Treating the condition
In Homoeopathy, Doliosis D36 Renocare relieves bladder discomfort and pain during urination and also it helps reducing fever and weakness associated with Urinary tract infection. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.