Do you feel tired and weary of work even though you have had a good night?s sleep? Are you irritated always and blurt out at your peers or stay alone indoors? You could be having a Thyroid dysfunction.
There are many people who suffer from Thyroid Dysfunction and are not even aware of it. This is because the symptoms and signs that occur during the disease are not notified or paid attention to, during its occurrence.
There might be a thought as to why Thyroid Gland is so important in our body. It is known as the master gland of metabolism because it regulates the metabolism in our body. The stimulation of the organ is done by Hypothalamus and the Pituitary gland. The Thyroid gland is located in our neck region seating on the Trachea (Airway leading to lungs) just below the Larynx that looks like a butterfly. It secretes the Thyroid hormones that are essential for normal metabolism of the body.
What is a Thyroid dysfunction and what are the associated diseases?
As we know that the Thyroid gland works in conjuncture with the Hypothalamus and the Pituitary gland, Thyroid dysfunction merely might not involve only the Thyroid gland but also the Hypothalamus and the Pituitary gland. Normally, the Hypothalamus secretes the Thyrotropin releasing hormone (TRH) which stimulates the Pituitary to release Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) which in turn stimulates the Thyroid gland to secrete T4 and T3. The release of T3 and T4 into the blood signals the brain that the requirement is complete.
However, in abnormal states either there is excessive TSH with lower levels of T3 and T4 (Hypothyroidism) or there is excessive T3 and T4 (Hyperthyroidism). In simpler words, in Hypothyroidism, there is less secretion of Thyroid hormones and in Hyperthyroidism, there is more secretion of Thyroid hormones.
Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism are further classified into various diseases.
11 leading indications of Thyroid illness
- Tired feeling all the while despite getting complete sleep
- Weight loss/ gain depending on the type of abnormality
- Frequent mood swings, manias, anxiety, agitation or depression
- Hormonal changes which include a low libido, infertility, PMS or irregularities in the menstrual cycle.
- Joint and muscular pains with or without tremors
- Heat or cold intolerance
- Unhealthy skin, hair and nails (dry skin, loss of hair, brittle nails)
- Bowel irregularities (constipation or diarrhea)
- Loss of memory, poor concentration
- Evident swelling in the neck, hoarse voice, snoring, and protruding eye balls.
- Increased and Decreased metabolism
Taking care of the condition
- Eating a nutritious diet with plenty of fruits along with vegetables and following some restrictions in diet (fewer sugars and processed foods) can improve Thyroid functioning
- Avoiding meats and increased intake of fish also helps Thyroid functioning
- Consuming Legumes and Beans also boost the gland.
- Consuming enough Iodine will combat diseases like Goiter
- Drinking plenty of water is good for your entire system
- Adequate sleep and exercise
- Above all reduce stress
Treating the condition
Medication is used for treating the condition. For complicated cases, a surgery is done. Radiotherapy also is an option for many individuals.
The Homoeopathic Product Doliosis D17 Thyrocare relieves symptoms of Thyroid dysfunction such as nervousness, rapid heartbeat, weight loss, difficulty in breathing and tremors. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.