Varicose veins are beyond being an unpleasant sight. They are very problematic and painful. It is said that nearly 40% of females and 17% of males suffer from this condition.
Normally Arteries carry oxygenated blood to the entire body with the help of the heart that pumps blood. The veins carry deoxygenated blood to the Heart and this is done against gravity from the lower parts of the body (below the heart level). Hence the veins are specially designed, that is they have valves that shut once the blood has gone up so that there is no backflow. In addition, the calf muscles contract (while exercising or even just walking), facilitating the blood flow backwards.
What are Varicose veins?
Varicose veins or varicosities are dilated veins that occur due to the failure of the venous valves and backflow of the blood occurs resulting in accumulation of blood. They appear as tortuous snake like purplish structures beneath the skin predominantly in the lower limbs.
Causes of Varicose veins
Commonly, females are affected by varicose veins.
- Standing for long hours
- Family history
- Beyond the age of 50, individuals are more susceptible for varicose veins.
- A sedentary lifestyle without exercising
- In rare cases, they are due to some injury or tumor
Signs and Symptoms of Varicose veins…
- Aching pain along with swelling
- Heaviness in the legs especially at night and after exercising
- Discoloration and appearance of tortuous veins and spider veins (telangiectasia)
- Skin which appears brownish yellow near the affected veins
- Itching of the local area that turns red and dry (Stasis Dermatitis)
- Minor injuries may take time to heal
- Cramps on moving the affected limb suddenly
- Shrinkage of skin due to hardening of fat beneath the skin (lipodermatosclerosis)
- Whitish, irregular scar-like patches appear near the ankles
- Restless leg syndrome
What can you do about Varicose veins?
Certain steps can be taken to reduce the problem and prevent it from worsening.
- Avoiding long hours of standing
- Using compression stockings help relieve pains and elevate legs.
- Managing weight will help reduce the tension on the lower limbs
- Exercising is the important for improving circulation
Treating the condition
Doliosis D44 Varicose veins, a Homoeopathic Product, relieve symptoms of pain, heaviness and discomfort that occur in varicose veins and spider veins. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.