Today, Obesity is one of the leading causes of deaths in the developed countries. It is a problem faced by many people who have to deal with it not only physically but emotionally too. Being obese creates a situation for being mocked by others, thereby causing an emotional trauma for such people.
What is Obesity?
Obesity is a medical problem wherein there is an accumulation of excessive fat in the body that does harm than good to the person dealing with it. It is different from being overweight. Overweight means a person is heavier than the normal and the reason could be due to muscle, bone fat and excess accumulation of water. But both mean that the person’s weight is more than what is considered as normal healthy weight.
Factors affecting Obesity…
Many people think that obesity is only caused by overeating. However, this being the only reason is not true. Though overeating is one of the major factors for obesity there are others too.
- A sedentary lifestyle due to urbanization without exercise is a cause of obesity
- The Genes could also be a factor for obesity
- Eating food that is high in its caloric content. Obesity occurs over a period of time when the calories that are consumed are more than the calories required.
- Prolonged intake of certain drugs (such as steroids) that are used to treat other conditions can lead to Obesity.
Outcomes of Obesity…
Obesity is much more than being overweight. It causes a large number of problems and even daily activities are largely affected by it. It leads to:
- Cardiovascular illnesses (Heart diseases and stroke) that can lead to the death of the patient
- Musculoskeletal Problems such as Osteoarthritis
- Type II Diabetes
- Cancers (Such as breast cancer, liver cancer, colonic cancer and so on)
- Sleep apnea or troubled breathing during sleep
- Psychological disorders such as Depression
Seeking help while dealing with Obesity
Though you might not want to ask for help when you are obese just with the fear that you’ll be ridiculed it is necessary to do so for the self-betterment. Speaking your problems out to your health care practitioner will not only mentally relieve you but will also lead to finding the root cause of the problem so that it can be solved. Trusting your doctor is necessary and following his/her advice will help you out to reduce weight and make you feel better.
Certain things can be done to encourage weight loss:
- Reduce the calorie intake by cutting down on processed food, junk food and increase consumption of healthy foodstuff.
- Get proper nourishment from healthy food. Choose carefully what you eat.
- Ensure that there is enough of physical activity even in your workplace. Sitting continuously for hours together does more harm to your body.
Treating the condition
In Homoeopathy, the product named Doliosis D35 Figurel helps to control overeating, food cravings and fatigue. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.