Not eating well can be problematic for many individuals and their parents. Parents get very apprehensive when their children don’t eat properly. A condition known as Anorexia Nervosa that falls under eating disorders can be a major cause for lack of appetite.
What is Anorexia Nervosa?
Anorexia is a psychological and perhaps a life-threatening eating disorder characterized by being exceedingly underweight relative to one’s physique. The person facing this problem might have an intense fear of becoming obese even though the weight of the person is extremely low. The seriousness of the condition remains unidentified by the person.
Other conditions that cause lack of appetite…
There are various other conditions that cause a lack of appetite in many individuals.
- Bacterial, viral or fungal infections can lead to reduced appetite (Upper respiratory tract infection, meningitis, etc.)
- Psychological disorders such as depression cause decreased appetite
- Medical conditions such as Chronic Kidney disease, Hypothyroidism, Cancer, etc.
- Certain medications also cause lack of appetite.
Caring about the condition
- If anorexia is due to a medical condition it is very difficult to get it treated. But eating your favorite foods, eating with your loved ones and eating food outside might promote your appetite.
- Doing light exercises improve your metabolism and makes you feel hungry thereby improving one’s appetite.
- Try eating foods rich in proteins and calories. If eating seems difficult drinking protein shakes also might help.
- Maintaining a diary of what you eat will help the doctor to assess the changes.
- If the problem is psychological, assistance must be provided in that path. Counseling can help the individual.
- Treating the cause is the key to good health, for example, if you are having a cold the cold must be treated.
Treating the condition
Doliosis D29 Annorex, a Homoeopathic Product acts as an appetite stimulant and improves loss of appetite and weight loss by increasing hunger and nutrition. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. This product can be consumed with other medication and it is easy to take it, for all age groups.