Rheumatism is a group of diseases that causes wear and tear not just physically but emotionally too. Many people suffering from this disease if not supported emotionally tend to go into depression and feel crippled.
What is Rheumatism?
Also known as Rheumatic Disorder, Rheumatism is used to signify a group of diseases that cause chronic, painful joints or connective tissue intermittently.
The disease is characterized by the following symptoms:
- Joint pains that occur now and then, that are worse in colder climates (and usually affect the same joints on both sides of the body). There might also be neck pain and back pain
- Rheumatic nodules
- Inflammation affecting the joints and connective tissue causing capsulitis and tendinitis/ bursitis of various locations
- Other problems involving blood, eyes, kidneys and lungs
- Rashes and hair loss
What are its types?
Though all the types have similar symptoms they are classified depending upon their origin:
- Ankylosing spondylitis (involving the back)
- Post-infective arthritis (Streptococcal infection)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (Autoimmune disease)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (Autoimmune disease affecting joints)
- Gout, inflammatory arthritis (single joints affected)
- Sjogren’s syndrome (Autoimmune disease in which mucosal glands are affected)
- Behcet’s disease (Inflammatory condition affecting many parts of the body)
- Polymyositis & Dermatomyositis (Inflammation of the muscles)
- Psoriatic arthritis (Associated with Psoriasis)
- Relapsing polychondritis (affecting the cartilage)
- Juvenile arthritis (Childhood arthritis)
- Scleroderma (Autoimmune disease affecting skin, blood, muscles and internal organs )
Complications involving Rheumatism
There are several risks and complications involving Rheumatism.
- Eye complications
- Skin conditions
- Heart and blood diseases
- Lung problems
- Psychological effects
What can you do about Rheumatism?
Rheumatism is not a reversible disease and its symptoms can only be brought in control.
- Diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids have proven to be helpful in Rheumatism as they have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Using hot packs to reduce pain helps relieve pains.
- Managing weight will help reduce the tension on the joints
- Exercising is the key to reduce pain and helps you keep active and doesn’t allow the disease to limit you.
- Yoga and meditation help reduce stress associated with the illness.
- Your attitude towards the disease is the most important. Let the disease not win the battle. You have to fight to survive through this disease. The support achieved from your loved ones will help you win.
Treating the condition
Doliosis D43 Rheumatism which is a Homoeopathic Product controls Arthritis and Gout. It works by relieving pain in the muscles, tendons and joints. It is also very useful in tennis elbow, strains and sprains. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.