Menopause! It is the end of an era of menstrual cycles. Why is it such a big deal? We should be happy to get rid of those painful menstrual cycles. But we aren’t. This is because a new and a bigger set of problems are on their way at the onset of menopause. And we ought to deal with it!
What is Menopause?
Menopause is the time in a woman’s life when she stops menstruating permanently and will not be able to give birth to children any further. It usually commences after the age of 45. It is a physiological change that normally occurs by reducing the secretion of female hormones from the ovaries.
Going through the pre-menopause, menopause and the post-menopause phases
A woman is said to have reached her menopause if she does not menstruate continuously for a period of 12 months. Though a Woman might not have reached her menopause, she starts experiencing symptoms and signs of the same much before. They are:
- Scanty/More, longer/shorter menstruation. Or any change in her regular period.
- Hot flushes and night sweats
- Encountering psychological symptoms such as getting moody, easily upset, depression, nervousness, anxiety and unable to focus
- Vaginal dryness causing difficult intercourse
- Growth of facial hair and loss of hair from head
- Weight gain and slowed down metabolism
Due to stoppage of female hormonal secretion, the lady in menopause has risks of some ailments such as cardiovascular illnesses, osteoporosis, and breast cancer.
Living with menopause healthily…
Not every woman experiences all the symptoms and at the same time, there might be women who are battling through this phase. Worrying lesser will help you go through this tough phase. Others that can help you deal with menopause are:
- Noting what causes hot flushes and avoiding them.
- Drinking a cup of milk will help you relax your senses before going to bed.
- Doing Yoga and Meditation will ease all the symptoms related to menopause
- Using water-based lubricants for intercourse
- Avoid exposing yourself to the sun. It adds up to the hair loss. And get rid of the unwanted facial hair if it makes you feel miserable.
- Spend more time with family and friends and talking about your problems will lighten your mood.
- Eat a well balanced and a nutritious diet
- Get plenty of sleep and rest
- Lower your stress levels. Menopause can be very stressful as the body is undergoing a lot of changes, therefore relieving stress and letting go of things that are not in your control is the best mantra to follow…
Treating the condition
In Homoeopathy the product Doliosis D37 Menopause is very much useful for relieving all symptoms associated with menopause such as hot flushes, night sweats, nervousness, depression, anxiety and other symptoms. It is a natural and safe product to use. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines.