Diabetes! A disease that has been haunting us for many years and the number of cases has risen through all these years. It is estimated that nearly 422 million people are suffering from Diabetes throughout the world. And the number of cases has increased drastically in the past few years. It is also learned that the middle class and the lower socioeconomic communities are being affected more than the rest of the world.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorders that are caused due to the inability of the pancreas to produce adequate insulin required to break down the sugars to be taken up by the cells for energy, thereby leading to a persistently high blood sugar level.
What are the types and risks involved with Diabetes?
There are mainly 3 types of Diabetes namely, Type I Diabetes, Type II Diabetes and Gestational Diabetes. Type II diabetes is more common with 90% cases and Type I Diabetes is less common with around 10% cases.
Type I Diabetes
- Type I Diabetes is characterized by the inability to produce insulin by the pancreas; hence the patient needs to be dependent on external insulin source.
- Patients have to be lifelong on insulin and have to monitor their blood sugar levels while on a special diet.
Type II Diabetes
- Type II Diabetes involves the inadequate production of insulin by pancreas thereby causing an upsurge in blood sugar levels.
- Type II Diabetes is being recognized as a lifestyle disease since it is more commonly seen in individuals lacking physical activity and an unhealthy lifestyle.
- Diabetes of Type I or II never gets better but only worsens further if not well controlled.
- This kind of Diabetes affects pregnant females who are unable to produce adequate insulin during pregnancy
- This condition usually improves with diet control and exercise, some of them may require hypoglycemic agents to bring blood sugar under control.
- If not treated the fetus grows bigger than he/she should be and further it can cause childbirth complications.
Risks and complications involving Diabetes
There are several risks and complications involving Diabetes. Complications arise if Diabetes is not kept in control.
- If there is a family history of Diabetes, most likely the offspring might suffer from Diabetes in later stages of life.
- Lack of physical activity, increased stress and eating junk food and drinks containing high sugars can lead to Diabetes. Thus Diabetes is classified under Lifestyle Disorders.
- There are several complications of Diabetes.
- Eye complications/ Retinopathy
- Foot complications/Neuropathy
- Skin complications
- Heart problems
- Psychological problems such as depression
- Hearing loss
- Oral health-related problems
- Kidney problems/ Nephropathy
- Infections and delayed healing of wounds
- Ketoacidosis (buildup of ketone bodies in the blood) and Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic Nonketotic Syndrome (Diabetic coma) which is a medical emergency
What can you do about Diabetes?
Diabetes is an irreversible condition and cannot be cured completely. Only it can be brought under control. One must take good care and keep Diabetes under control. The 3 symptoms that prevail in Diabetes must be taken care of, i.e. Polyuria(Frequent urination), Polydipsia(Excessive Thirst) and Polyphagia(Excessive hunger leading to excessive eating)
- Eating a Diabetic diet free from sugars and rich in antioxidants help in controlling Diabetes
- Having smaller and more frequent meals will help to maintain a balance in blood sugar and there are lesser chances for the blood sugar to drop
- Exercising helps in maintaining blood sugar, weight and a healthy heart
- Being more active helps you control your Diabetes
- Monitor your blood sugar level adequately and maintain a chart so that it can be shown to your health care provider
- Get support and talk about it to your Doctor and your loved ones
- Maintain overall hygiene and beware of injuries to feet. Checking your feet regularly is very important because you could miss out on a cut. This happens because the nerves are affected in diabetes causing reduced tactile and other sensations. Pay more attention to your body
- Yoga and meditation relax your mind and body and makes you function better
Treating the condition
Doliosis D30 Diabetes which is a Homoeopathic Product controls blood sugar levels and hence prevents the complications related to Diabetes. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.