A summer approaching after winters sends shivers down our spines. The heat especially nowadays is highly unendurable and causes a lot of dehydration in many. Summers drain your energy off and cause a great amount of lassitude.
What is Heat Intolerance and its Signs
Heat intolerance is the uncomfortable feeling experienced by persons in hotter climates when there is a rise in temperature. It is obvious that we do not like extremes of temperature but some persons just cannot stay at comfort in hot weather. This is what is known as heat intolerance or hypersensitivity to heat.
Heat intolerance is notified by the following signs:
- Heavy sweating
Initially heat intolerance has the above-mentioned symptoms but if left untreated it can lead to heat exhaustion and further to heat stroke which is a serious medical condition that can lead to death if not paid attention to. Complications include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Fever>= 104°F
- Rapid and shallow breathing
- Increased heart rate
- Muscular cramping
Why does Heat Intolerance occur?
- Drinking a cup of coffee could cause a rise in temperature leading to heat intolerance due to the presence of caffeine that elevates the metabolism and heart rate.
- Certain medications are responsible for heat intolerance due to the ability of such medication to inhibit the natural ability of the body to sweat. Medications like anti-allergens, hypertensive medication and decongestants are culprits of heat intolerance.
- Medical conditions such as Menopause, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Hypothalamic tumors, Hyperthyroidism, Multiple sclerosis, etc., cause heat intolerance. In hyperthyroidism, there is an increased level of the thyroxine hormone in the blood that raises the metabolism rate which in turn elevates the body temperature leading to heat intolerance. Multiple sclerosis affects the central nervous system by causing damage to the myelin sheath (a covering for all the nerves) thereby causing sporadic nerve signaling leading to heat intolerance.
Preventing Heat Intolerance
- Protect yourself while stepping out in the sun with the required protective clothing is quintessential in preventing Heat intolerance.
- Wearing natural fabrics help absorb sweat and keep you cool. Synthetic fabrics only cause further damage.
- Keeping oneself hydrated is absolutely essential. Weather control and geographic location might not be under our control, but drinking plenty of water is definitely under our control.
- Exercise can cause excessive sweating and further loss of fluid from the body. In order to prevent this, choosing exercises that cause little or no sweating will help such as swimming or water aerobics.
- Try to live in cooler weather conditions in order to avoid heat intolerance
Treating the condition with Homoeopathy
The Homoeopathic medicine named Doliosis D73 Heatintol is a preparation of homoeopathic medicines used to relieve heat intolerance. It acts on areas of the body that are affected and reduces symptoms of burning orifices, excessive thirst, vertigo and physical weakness. It does not have any side effects and can be used for all age groups. Also, consumption of this product is simple and it can be taken with other medication
Why worry when we have Homoeopathy!