While we do our daily work some of us experience a sudden feeling of loss of balance. Either the world around us is spinning or we are spinning. Inability to maintain a stable gait can be very impeding and wearisome.
What is Vertigo?
Vertigo is the feeling of the world being rotated or oneself rotating, though the surrounding and the person is absolutely still.
Why does it occur?
There might be a number of reasons as to why Vertigo can occur. It is primarily classified into two categories, the central and the peripheral type.
- The central vertigo occurs due to some affection in the brain or spinal cord
- Peripheral Vertigo is caused due to a problem with the inner ear. Inflammation of the inner ear can cause a disruption of balance within the semicircular canals or small crystals located in the Semicircular canals can get displaced leading to irritation of the small hair cells leading to Vertigo.
- Meniere’s Syndrome is characterised by tinnitus (ringing noise), hearing loss, along with Vertigo.
- Head injuries, strokes, multiple sclerosis and basilar artery migraine all which fall under the central category
Risk Factors associated with Vertigo
- Apart from Head injuries, certain medication such as Antiseizure medicines, Blood pressure medication, Antidepressants can lead to vertigo.
- Any factor that increases the risk of Stroke also increases the risk of Vertigo such as Alcohol.
What are Vertigo symptoms and signs like?
Apart from spinning patients can also experience:
- Lightheadedness/ fainting spells
- Nausea/ and vomiting
- Nystagmus is observed on physical examination
- If there is one-sided weakness then one must suspect a stroke
Treating the condition
Healthcare professionals perform certain manoeuvres (Epley’s) to treat the condition. However, this only leads to a temporary relief. Many people are adviced some rehabilitation exercises and yoga for ease of symptoms. Doliosis D10 Verticin takes care of symptoms of Vertigo associated with a headache effectively. It treats the condition from the core and provides respite from the disturbing symptoms of Vertigo. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.