Being rash free is the biggest boon for an individual suffering from eczema. Eczemas are irksome and are not aesthetic at all. You’ve got to keep yourself covered and be conscious of what you wear apart from the other nasty symptoms that you suffer from.
What is Eczema?
They are a group of conditions that cause the skin to succumb to rashes which are characterized by inflammation. They occur due to certain factors which is an amalgamation of genetics and environmental factors.
Eczemas are characterized by reddish rashes that are can be dry and flaky, scaly and leathery, small and bumpy or pustular, filled with fluid.
Causes of Eczema…
The factors responsible for Eczema are:
- Allergens such as dust mite and pollen
- Foodstuff such as eggs, nuts seeds, etc.
- Irritants such as soap, detergents, vegetables etc.
- Microbes such as staphylococcus can trigger eczema
- Extreme weather conditions i.e. very hot or very cold environment can give rise to Eczema.
- Hormonal fluctuations as in pregnancy or during menstrual cycle can lead makes females more vulnerable to Eczema
- Increased stress levels might lead to eczema
Types of Eczema
- Atopic dermatitis is associated with some allergy
- Contact dermatitis that is caused due to coming in contact with an allergen (Metals, Soaps, fumes, chemicals and so on)
- Dyshidrotic eczema occurs on the palms and soles which appears as blisters
- Hand Eczema occurring due to genetics and external factors
- Neurodermatitis/ Lichen simplex is caused by insect bites
- Nummular eczema- circular patches that are itchy and scaly
- Seborrheic eczema occurs on the scalp and face. Cradle cap occurs in babies as yellow oily patches of the scalp.
- Stasis dermatitis occurs in the lower limbs due to circulatory problems of the lower extremities.
In order to alleviate symptoms of Eczema, the following steps can be followed.
- Apply moisturizer after bathing to keep yourself moisturized
- Wear natural fabrics such as cotton
- Use a mild soap and take lukewarm water baths
- Pat dry the skin after bath
- Avoid extreme temperatures and other triggers that give rise to Eczema
- Keep your fingernails short so that scratching doesn’t damage the skin.
- If you are suffering from contact dermatitis caused by coming in contact with an object, you must avoid touching or coming in contact with it.
Treating the condition
In Homoeopathy, the medicine Doliosis D60 Eczocare is very much useful in controlling eczematous eruptions by reducing itching and pain associated with eczema, pimples, psoriasis, hives and other dermatological conditions. It can be taken with ease, with other medicines, for all age groups. This medicine has no side effects.