Everybody loves their skin to be flawless and smooth without any bumps. Unfortunately, many don’t have that perfect and even skin. What we dread are commonly known as warts. They might be very embarrassing for some people.
What are Warts?
Clinically known as Verruca Vulgaris, Warts are excrescences caused by human papilloma virus (HPV) that are small, rough, hard and can appear anywhere in the body. They are benign in nature and can appear in different shapes, sizes and colors depending upon the location. Also, warts can be painful.
Causes of Warts…
Warts, as already mentioned are caused due to human papillomavirus that is spread through physical contact with others. The virus enters through the broken skin causing infection. The virus grows quickly once it reaches inside the skin forming warts. One can infect him/herself by touching the wart and touching elsewhere.
Sometimes, HPV affects the mucosa of genitalia and mouth causing large masses that might be cancerous.
Different types of Warts…
Warts may be of different sizes, shapes and color. Hence they are classified in that manner.
- Common warts are also known as Verruca Vulgaris are raised with roughened surface commonly appearing on the hands.
- Flat warts, also known as Verruca plana appear everywhere on the body and might occur in large numbers.
- Filiform warts (Verruca filiformis) appear on the face, near the eyelids and lips; and are supported by a stalk.
- Genital wart/ Verruca acuminate occur on the genitalia.
- Dome-shaped warts with blackish dots on the surface are commonly known as seed warts
- Plantar warts that grow on the sole are similar to that of warts that grow on the palms. Clusters of warts on feet are known as mosaic warts
- Periungual warts appear below the nails appear cauliflower-like.
- Warts that are traumatized cause bleeding and are known as blood warts.
Danger signs of warts
Warts generally are benign and resolve in about 1-5 years. However, if there are following changes, it is better to visit a doctor.
- If the wart bleeds
- Increases in size
- Causes pain
- Changes in form
- Spreading easily to other parts and appears in parts that causes continuous collision and bleeds.
Prevention of Warts
- Use a separate set of personal items and do not share them with anybody. Items such as towels, shoes, socks, handkerchiefs, nail cutters, combs need to be used separately.
- Do not touch other people’s warts or own warts and touch elsewhere.
- Do not bite nails and keep hands dry.
- If you happen to touch warts, wash your hands thoroughly.
Treating the condition
There are many therapies for treating warts such as OTC external applications, salicylic acid, duct tape, cryotherapy, surgery, injections.
Homoeopathy helps in eliminating the disease from the root so that there is no recurrence.
Doliosis D49 Warts is a Homoeopathic product that helps to diminish all types of warts and moles on the skin wherever they appear. This product has no side effects and is easy to consume. It can be taken with other medicines, for all age groups.