So many individuals need antibiotics at some point or the other, whether it is a simple cold or complicated meningitis, whether you are at home or hospitalized. They are used to kill bacteria or restrain their growth, thereby treating the infection and providing relief from the symptomatology of the disease. Antibiotics only work on bacteria and do not treat viral infections such as colds, flu and so on.
What are Antibiotics and their uses?
Antibiotics are also called antibacterials are drugs that are antimicrobial in nature and used in treating bacterial infections such as
- Protozoan infections
- Bacterial infections
- Used as a prophylactic in immunocompromised individuals (HIV and Cancer patients)
- In Surgical procedures to prevent infections made by incisions
- In Dental procedures also they are used as a prophylactic
What are the Side effects of Antibiotics?
Antibiotics can have varied side effects which can range from mild to severe. Side effects may be pharmacological, toxicological or hypersensitivity related. Common side effects are:
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Vaginal Itching and discharge
Antibiotic Allergy is faced by some people and most commonly penicillin, and they may have the following symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Itching and swollen lips
Sometimes patients react to the allergy much more and there is an anaphylaxis and the person can even go into shock. Other rare side effects could be Kidney stone, abnormal clotting of blood, sensitivity to sunlight, blood disorders, deafness and colitis.
What can you do to avoid such conditions?
- Starting antibiotics for any condition has to be done under thorough medical supervision.
- All the history related to allergies must be spoken to the doctor so that the right antibiotic is chosen for you.
- If you have had any reactions in the past with regards to using antibiotics please make a note of the type of the antibiotic and keep in safely with you. In event of requirement of antibiotics, it will come handy.
- Talk about drug interactions, i.e. if you are taking any other medication it needs to be told about to the doctor who is prescribing your antibiotics
- Completing the course of antibiotics is essential in order to avoid antibiotic resistance.
- For quicker recovery, eating healthy and remaining stress-free is extremely important.
Treating the condition
The Homoeopathic Product Doliosis D28 After Antibiotics prevents side effects of antibiotics. It relieves intestinal and colonic pain, gas, acidity, diarrhea, constipation, headache or weakness arising due to the use of antibiotics. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.