Commonly known as white discharge, Leucorrhoea is a common problem faced by women! It is different from the usual vaginal discharge that occurs normally in females due to certain microorganisms that need to be disposed of. The normal vaginal discharge is a small amount of harmless discharge that is colorless, thin and odorless in nature.
What is Leucorrhoea?
Leucorrhoea is a thick white or yellowish discharge that comes from the vagina. It may be associated with itching and discomfort. There might be other complaints accompanying leucorrhoea such as a backache, stomachache, headaches, fatigue and even constipation.
- The usual vaginal discharge that women experience is called physiologic leucorrhoea that occurs due to estrogen stimulation in order to maintain the vaginal pH. It may also occur during pregnancy due to the increased estrogen levels.
- Leucorrhoea may be associated with inflammation and it is known as an inflammatory leucorrhoea that usually occurs due to bacterial contamination.
- Parasitic Leucorrhoea occurs due to some parasitic protozoan that is associated with itching, burning and discharge that is thick yellow and frothy
8 reasons for the occurrence of Leucorrhoea…
There are ample reasons as to why leucorrhoea occurs. Most common of them all are:
- Eating diet with little or no nutrition
- Poor Hygiene
- Vaginal irritation caused due to contraception
- Unprotected sexual intercourse
- Bacterial, Fungal or Parasitic infection in the vagina
- Urinary tract infection
- Diabetes and other diseases that cause Immune-compromisation
- Injuries caused to the Genitourinary system during pregnancy
Steps to prevent Leucorrhoea…
All Females are susceptible to leucorrhoea hence a few steps can be taken to prevent it.
- First and foremost perineal hygiene must be maintained. Since the vagina is lined with mucosa, it is moist at all times and the areas near the perineum sweat a lot, so there is a bacterial build-up that occurs. Also, wearing cotton undergarments will help since synthetic materials do not absorb sweat and increase it causing a lot of bacteria to be accumulated.
- Eating a well balanced and a nutritious diet improves leucorrhoea symptomatically by improving weakness and any other deficiencies.
- Notice if any foodstuff causes aggravation in leucorrhoea and avoid it. It is noted that there are increased vaginal secretions in certain people who have spicy and processed food. Hence such foods must be avoided.
- Doing Yoga and Meditation eases symptoms related to leucorrhoea.
- Exercising and getting enough rest is also essential.
- Maintaining a healthy and a stress-free lifestyle improves the general well-being of the person.
Treating the condition
In Homoeopathy the product Doliosis D39 Leucril improves symptoms of infective vaginal discharge with itching. It is a natural and safe product to use. There are no side effects upon the use of this medicine. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.