Throat irritation is a source of major frustration. Those who have experienced it know the reason for the annoyance. It’s itchy, painful to swallow anything and above all, it’s irritating to have a throat that is sore.
What is a Throat Irritation and why does it occur?
Throat irritation, also known as a Sore throat and clinically known as Pharyngitis primarily is an inflammation of the throat (pharynx) caused due to Viruses or Bacteria. These microorganisms gain entry through a cough or sneezes via aerosolized particles. It can also be caused by physical contact with any object that is pre-infected with the virus/ bacteria.
Most virus/bacteria bring in throat irritation in the cold weather.
Other causes are:
- Cigarette smoke
- Dry air
- Talking and shouting too much can dry your throat passages thereby causing throat irritation
- GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
- Children and Immunocompromised individuals are more prone to Throat irritation
How do I prevent myself from getting a Throat irritation?
- Personal Hygiene is the first principle to be followed, that is regular hand wash.
- Covering your nose and mouth while sneezing or coughing will reduce the formation of aerosolized particles and thereby reduce chances of infection to the others.
- Avoid touching surfaces and after that touching your face
- Do not inhale cigarette smoke
- Keep away from exposing oneself from allergens such as pollen/ dust/ fungus
Treating the condition
Various Home remedies provide a momentary respite from the symptoms of irritation.
- Saltwater gargles
- Drinking plenty of warm liquids to moisten the throat
- Throat lozenges that are available over the counter are consumed for some temporary relief
Doliosis D15 Throat irritation, a Homoeopathic product eases the pain and other symptoms accompanying throat irritation in the most soothing and permanent manner, without any side effect. This is a harmless product that is very effective on Throat irritation. It is easy to take this product and also it can be consumed with other medicines, for all age groups.