Blood circulation is essential for any person. The main purpose of blood circulation is to transport the required nutrients and oxygen to all the parts of the body in order to provide nourishment.
What is Poor circulation?
When blood flow to a specific part is decreased it is termed as poor circulation. Mostly poor circulation occurs in the extremities (arms and legs). Poor circulation might be a symptom of an underlying disease. At other times it may always not be due to an underlying condition but due to the weather. The Human body can live in warmer climates easily but when exposed to cold, the body tries to adapt itself and keep itself warm. Extreme temperatures make the body to warm organs that are essential and hence the extremities, ears and nose start cooling first.
Poor circulation can present with the following symptoms:
- Cold extremities even when the weather is warm
- Numbness of extremities
- Lesions on skin
- Swollen feet
- Hair loss and dry skin
- Fatigued feeling
10 Causes for Poor circulation…
Poor circulation usually means an underlying disease especially if the person is residing in warmer regions. The causes for poor circulation are:
- Frostbite (Due to cold weather)
- Raynaud’s disease (Constriction of blood vessels in response to cold)
- Buerger’s disease (Blockage of blood vessels with blood clots along with inflammation)
- Nervous system disorders
- Thyroid disease
- Lupus (inflammatory condition allowing immune system to attack own body tissues)
- Poor circulation (Due to a low blood pressure)
- Scleroderma (Disease in which there is hardening of skin and connective tissues)
- Anemia (Due to Iron deficiency)
- Diabetes (Due to its complications of neuropathy)
If this problem occurs occasionally there is nothing to worry about. However, if the symptoms persist along with changes in skin color, there could be an underlying disease which needs to be taken care of. If need be please consult your doctor.
What can be done about Poor circulation?
There are certain factors that can be avoided to prevent poor circulation and thereby prevent cold hands and feet.
- Geographical Location- If you live in a colder climate and are unable to adapt to it, it will be preferable to move to a warmer climate.
- Smoking must be stopped at once as it is known to narrow down the blood vessels and cause further damage to the existing condition.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks as they too cause narrowing of the blood vessels
- Keeping yourself warm will help alleviate the symptoms. Wearing stockings, gloves and warm clothes along with regular massaging of finger and toe tips help in keeping oneself warm.
- Fish oil supplements help to cope with the problem by improving one’s tolerance to cold.
Treating the condition
Doliosis D46 Blues is a Homoeopathic product that relieves problems of cold hands and feet caused by poor circulation and low blood pressure. This product has no side effects and is easy to consume. It can be taken with other medicines, for all age groups.